The MagStor PetaByte Machine offers the lowest cost per GB of any comparable tape library
Columbus, OH — MagStor, a recognized leader in tape storage solutions for Media & Entertainment customers, today announced availability of the PetaByte Machine featuring unrivaled cost and performance for enterprise backup and M&E Archiving.
The PetaByte Machine is the perfect solution to address all the retention, protection, and compliance requirements of small to medium businesses and content creators who also wish to protect their data from ransomware. The PetaByte Machine provides air-gapped protection against ransomware attacks.
The MagStor PetaByte Machine features storage up to 5.04PB native/12.6PB compressed in a compact form factor that offers the lowest cost per GB of any comparable tape library. It ships at a price that’s 35-40% less than comparable configurations from competitors*.
“We wanted to create a tape library configuration that’s sensitive to the needs of today’s enterprise and media and entertainment users who seek large capacities for archives but at a sensible price point”, said Dmitri Troia, MagStor’s Chief Executive. “The PetaByte Machine is the utilitarian tape library that meets the technical and business needs of 90% of the market at a much lower price point than our major competitors, allowing more users the opportunity to implement tape archive in-house”
- Up to 5.04 Petabytes native storage when fully configured, (up to 12.6PB Compressed)
- 280 slots and up to 21 Half Height, or 7 Full Height LTO Drives
- Support for all major IBM LTO drives from LTO 6-9, including FC/SAS, Half Height and Full Height.
- Performance up to 400MB/s with FH LTO 9 drives.
- Ethernet and FC connectivity via add on XstreamCORE® bridges by ATTO
- TAA Compliant and made in the USA
- 3-year Silver Warranty standard, for onsite next business day support.
- Compatible with NanoPure Media™
Pricing and Availability
The PetaByte Machine is available now from MagStor’s website and from their network of authorized resellers and distributors. MSRP’s start at $35,939 for the base configuration with 1 x LTO9.
* Based the PetaByte machine configured with 280 slots, 1x LTO9 drive, 280xLTO9 media, and no options, when compared to a Quantum i3 or Spectra Stack library with the most similar base configuration. Details at https://magstor.com/pages/petabyte-machine